Tuesday 9 February 2016

LIFE: Valentine's Day with the Girls

Valentine's Day isn't really a day that I look forward to (unlike pancake day) from a past experience of a first date on Valentine's Day it's been a day I've dreaded for a long time. Not only that but I also don't really like the concept of the day itself, a day to tell someone you love them, well shouldn't we be doing that anyway? The cynic in me simply doesn't agree with the day. But that being said, we all love to be treated and an excuse to celebrate. Valentine's Day can be fun without having to spend a lot of money - though if you want to budget for the big day, check out these financial tools from Personal Capital.  But Valentine's Day isn't far off now, so I best get cracking to it. This is definitely a post for the single ladies out their this year.

I know how crap it can feel to be single on Valentine's Day especially if you're a teenager, believe me I spent years thinking this, but honestly it really doesn't matter. Don't beat yourself up over it because it's just another day. You can still have fun on Valentine's Day without a fella. 

Grab a few of your best girl friends and invite them over for a night of pizza, gossiping and movies. You don't have to spend a lot, first off pizza, go to your local supermarket and pick a few frozen pizza's they're usually on offer. Or Domino's pizza usually has meal deals on which actually aren't too bad in price, especially if you're splitting the cost. Try collection too if you are ordering from domino's as their meal deals on pizza tend to be a lot cheaper (can you tell I have an addiction to domino's?). For me, you cannot have a girls night in without a face mask. You can get individual sachets or pick up a full size tube to use afterwards, my favourite is the Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox from boots. You could also try making you're own, here's a link to some recipes to try out. 

You've had your pizza, and your face mask now all that's left to do is watch some movies, gossip about boys and have lots of chocolate and nibbles. For me, I always have to watch Valentine's Day on the day itself, or you could have a TV series marathon of Pretty Little Liars, Netflix is very handy, or Scream Queens. None of this costs a lot but you're guaranteed to have a fun night and forget completely about what day it is. 

I'll be spending Valentine's Day with Scott, probably doing these exact things and forcing him to have a face mask with me and maybe some more pancakes. How will you be spending Valentine's Day this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment