Monday 20 July 2015

BOOKS: Lindsey Kelk - Always a Bridesmaid

I wasn't sure whether or not to pick up Lindsey Kelk's 'Always a Bridesmaid' when it was first released. For as long as I can remember I really haven't liked books about weddings so I was a little unsure what to do. I am, however, a massive fan of some of Lindsey Kelk's other novels, so decided to take the risk.
I'm really glad that I did. The story follows Maddie Fraser who has been asked to be a bridesmaid for her best friend, Lauren, alongside their other friend, Sarah. Maddie is an events planner and I found myself really intrgued with the industry and she agrees to help Lauren plan her own wedding. The story follows the three friends, each of them struggling with their own problems, whether that's work, family problems, planning a wedding or relationship problems. I loved the friendship and reading about all their ups and downs, the banter between the characters were believable and made the characters that more lovable. Alongside the friendship between the girls we also see romance for Maddie, but things aren't all that they seem.

I liked that the novel didn't focus solely on the wedding aspect of the story and I think that made the book more entertaining. This book really got me back into reading that more chick lit stories as I was struggling to really get back into reading a lot. The characters are realistic once again and completely loveable and I found myself routing for the underdog. I'm sure if you're already a fan of Lindsey Kelk you would love this, it's definitely worth a read. I know several days I literally did nothing else but sit and read 'Always a Bridesmaid' for hours on end.

What have you been reading recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment