Thursday 5 November 2015

LIFE: A Day at Rufford Abbey

A few weeks ago now, myself and Scott decided to have a little adventure to Rufford Abbey to get to grips with my 'big camera' and get used to the settings. I bought my camera off of my sister-in-law who was a professional photographer about a year ago and whilst I loved it when I first got it, I had never gotten used to all the settings. Scott's a bit more tech-y than me and so we decided to go for a little adventure.

It was probably the last sunny day we've had, which is why we decided to make the most of it before all the winter coats and scarves came out to play. Both of us really love history, probably down to having an enthusiastic history teacher at school and so we thoroughly enjoyed our day. As well as us both liking to on walks around forests and seeing the wildlife (I love squirrels and woodland creatures).







Looking around Rufford Abbey itself was a little overwhelming, I always find places with a lot of history this way. I think it's amazing that buildings from hundreds of years ago still exist and I love learning about what happened at theses places. In the above picture you can see me reading about the reconstruction of the Abbey, and I was standing in front of what used to be a fireplace. It was a beautiful building with some gorgeous views. The gardens in particular were beautiful.

Before we had wandered around the Abbey itself we took a walk around the gardens surrounding it and took a few pictures of the wildlife. All the pictures featured were taken by Scott though I did point out a few shots to him such as the robin which you'll see below.






There was this creepy walkway that lead to the Ice House which you can see a little in the picture at the top, we both had pictures taken in front of it but it was quite dark so hard to capture a good shot. The black and green ducks were also gorgeous. Neither of us had ever seen a duck of this colouring before but they were so beautiful and had a lot of attention. It was a really lovely day and something we wish we could do more of. Maybe if we wrap up warm we can still visit every now and again.

If you life a bit of history and wildlife with some pretty views I would recommend visiting Rufford Abbey, there's a cafe and restaurant where you can get something to eat as well as a gift shop to pick up some souvenirs. it'd also be a really nice place if yo have kids to take them too.




No comments:

Post a Comment