Thursday 12 November 2015

LIFE: First Football Match

The other day I attended my first football match with my dad, brother and Scott. In all honesty I was there last hope as the four tickets had already been bought in the hope someone else could go but in the end couldn't, so I was there replacement. I'm not really football fan, I must admit. I do moan a lot when it's on TV but I am proud to say I do know the offside rule.

Anyway, the four of us made the two hour trip from home to Manchester to watch Manchester United against CSKA Moscow at Old Trafford and in all honesty I really enjoyed myself. There was a moment when I was panicky, suffering with social anxiety a stadium like Old Trafford doesn't really help. Me and my brother were sat waiting for Scott and my dad before the match and I felt a little claustrophobic and anxious but as soon as we were all together and the match started that all passed and I began to relax and enjoy myself. With a little bit of cheering thrown in there, the night was really nice and Man United won which was a bonus Here's a few pcitures that was taken whilst I was there.



I would say that if you struggle with anxiety but want to go to a concert or a football match or to a theatre, whatever it may be, go for it. There have been so many opportunities in the past that I gave up on because I was too nervous or worried I'd have a panic attack and the truth is 9/10 it isn't as bad as it may seem. Sure you may get a little anxious you may even have a full blown panic attack but you'd have tried, even if you only stay a minute it's a victory, in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment