Sunday 18 May 2014

MUSIC: Tim Schou - Supernova

My love for Tim Schou started back when he played with 'A Friend In London' for the 2011 Eurovision entering for Denmark with 'New Tomorrow'. I liked how positive the band sounded and began following them. The last year or so has been a bit slow for the band with members leaving to do other things and Tim forming a new band under the same name, but he stated something along the lines of it not feeling right without the rest of the guys. As a fan, this was a little disappointing and you're obviously left with the feeling of what happens next, will we ever hear anything else from this talent? But the answer is yes.
Last week Tim Schou released his debut solo single of 'Supernova'. I didn't really know what to think before listening to it as it's a completely new project and so he had the chance to reinvent himself and create something solely for himself. I was really impressed with the song. I like the delicacy of the verses with both the music of just a piano and his soft almost spoken words. But then his voices grows as does the chorus into much more power and strength. You can really  hear how good of a singer he is through the chorus, there isn't anything that he can hide behind. It's a sweet song, to me. It's the sort of song that you want your boyfriend to write for you. It's simple but completely beautiful and I think what makes this so precious. It's effective in the way it tells a story anyone can relate to.

The lyrics are sweet and showing just how much you care for someone. I love the reference of 'star crossed lovers'. I think we all go through that one relationship or friendship where you're completely attached to someone and you know you'll always love that person regardless. To me, this song sums up that. Whether it's a long distance relationship, a past relationship or you've just had an argument with your partner, this song reminds you of how much you care.

One of the reasons, that I like Tim Schou is not just because he is incredibly talented. But the fact that he interacts with his fans. He's always doing 'Stage It' shows, and I've watched a fair few of them now. He's always answering fans questions and he keeps you a part of his journey, which I like. You can tell he cares about his fans and when you watch him live (I've personally only seen him live through 'Stage It' shows) but you can see how passionate he is about his music and even listening to this song I think you can hear how passionate he is.

Go and check out 'Supernova' by Tim Schou (video below). The song get's a big thumbs up for me, and I cannot wait to hear more from Tim Schou, he deserves so much more recognition but it's nice to see him grow and not giving up.
What did you think? Are you blown away by the simplicity?
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' for all my updates.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tasha,
    I love ur article very much and can only agree to all! :)
    Do you have a twitteraccount as well?
    Greets
    Uli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for your lovely comment and i do have a twitter, it's @Tjacksn

      Delete