Wednesday 7 May 2014

MUSIC: Artist Focus - Christina Grimmie

If you've read my blog before, it'll come as no surprise that I am a fan of The Voice in America (I'm sorry I'm not as keen on the UK one). My favourite thing about NBC The Voice is the fact that I'm constantly surprised when I recognise an artist on the show, for example when Cassadee Pope won the show in Season 3 (I'd been a fan since Hey Monday) and the same year Joe Kirkland (Artist Vs. Poet) appeared on the show as well Jordan Pruitt who I was obsessed with in my Disney days. So, when I saw the promotion for NBC The Voice Season 6 way back now, I noticed a very familiar face as Christina Grimmie. My first response was picking up my phone and texting my best friend as we have both been following her on her YouTube channel for a very long time.

So, if you don't follow the show or have never heard of Christina Grimmie then where have you been. Her channel is called zeldaxlove64 and if you don't follow her, then I really suggest you go and check her out. I can't even remember what the first cover was that I saw of hers, it was probably a Demi Lovato cover and I was pretty impressed so instantly subscribed and looked forward to seeing more covers.

She's covered pretty much everyone, to name a few we have, Celine Dion, Katy Perry, OneRepublic, Nelly even Cascada. So, it's pretty safe to say that she's versatile. In 2011 she opened for Selena Gomez at the Concert for Hope and even played with Gomez's band. Since then she released two albums and performed her cover of 'Titanium' on Dancing with the Stars.

When I watched her audition for NBC The Voice I had my fingers crossed for her. Not because I didn't think that she was good enough to be on the show but because I wanted her to succeed. Her version of Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball was absolutely amazing and completely blew me away. It was obvious that she had star quality from the get go and not having a four chair turn would've been shocking. She's now in the Live shows on Team Adam. I look forward to seeing her on the show each week and she's by far one of my favourites. It's like being a proud mum (even though I'm younger than her) watching her on the show.

Check out her cover of Drake - Hold On, We're Going Home below:

Have you been watching The Voice? Who's your favourite contestant?
Follow me on Bloglovin' to receive all my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment