Monday 5 May 2014

MUSIC: Rixton - Me and My Broken Heart

I was catching up on The Voice and saw that Rixton opened the live show on Monday. I had never heard of them before and seeing as they're a UK band I was a little surprised. The guys performed their single 'Me and My Broken Heart' which will be released 13th July but you can pre-order the single on iTunes now.
The lads performed the song really well on the show, and as their debut on American Television I was surprised at how great and confident they sounded. Their sound is very pop but with some cool vibes that are a little reggae and R&B. They started out on YouTube (a lot of talent seems to be found on YouTube these days) covering various artists. 

'Me and My Broken Heart' is a pretty cool track, it's very summery to me, and it has the potential to be a massive hit with the right promotion. I like the beat of the verses which makes it sound much cooler and fresher than a lot of music in the charts. They have R&B influences which I like as I'm not really into the rapping side of R&B music, but I do always like the fun sound to R&B music, which this songs has. The band is fronted by Jake Roche who to me sounds a little like Adam Levine on the chorus's, (which is clearly a winner for me). For me, this is a great single and hopefully they will capture a lot of attention. 

Check out Rixton's music video for 'Me and My Broken Heart' below and see how amazing they sound. 

What do you think about the single? 
Follow me on Bloglovin' for more music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment