Tuesday 8 December 2015

MUSIC: The Story So Far Gig

Last night myself and Scott travelled to Nottingham to see The Story So Far at Rescue Rooms. We met my brother there and his friend. It was my first time seeing the band and it was also my first time in Rescue Rooms too so I was a little anxious as what to expect, I'm not very good in situations that I've never been in before or in new places.

Anyway, we got there as the first support was finishing so I can't really pass any comment on them as we really didn't see enough. The second support was Turnstile, now these just weren't my cup of tea. Scott enjoyed them but for me I like to know what is being sung in a song otherwise I just don't get it, I did like the actual music though, and it may sound harsh, but I didn't really enjoy anything else about there set. However, that's just my opinion, like I said Scott enjoyed their set as did a lot of other people there judging from the mosh pit that occurred. 

Next it was time for The Story So Far and at this point I had met my brother and we had a little catch up and I felt a lot more relaxed. They were really good and just smashed through their set. They didn't really chat to the audience they just powered through their songs so quickly which I quite liked as there wasn't anything awkward where you can't tell what they were saying, plus it went really quickly. 

The band sounded really good and the singer was strong too, there wasn't a point where he sounded like he was struggling which is always good. Their stage presence was also strong, though they didn't talk to the crowd they still interacted with them. The audience was also really into it, a few mosh pits occurred which I stayed clear of as me in a mosh pit would only cause panic but it was fun to watch everyone else. There was also some crowd surfing. 

My favourite songs of the evening were 'All Wrong' and 'Clairvoyant'. However, these were the two that I was looking forward to the most too. 'All Wrong' is a lot heavier than 'Clairvoyant' it's just one of those songs where you can really get into it and there's a lot of angst which I like. 'Clairvoyant' is more chilled and sweet, a few people had their lighters out but both songs were played and sung really well. 

We both knew that it wasn't going to be in the same league as Mumford and Sons for a starter they're completely different bands in genre as well but The Story So Far were good in their own right, I would definitely go and see them again and it was a good night out. If you're into pop punk music I would suggest checking them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment