Monday 9 June 2014

MUSIC: Beech - London Riots

I came across this song when I was reading Two Halves blog which is written by Shenae Grimes-Beech and her husband Josh Beech. Growing up I watched 90210 almost religiously and so I am obviously a fan of Shenae's. It was awhile ago when they posted about Josh's band Beech now and I've been meaning to write this post for a while but kept putting it off. However, I took some time to listen to the song again and I think I appreciated it more this time around.
The song I'm talking about is 'London Riots' by Beech. The song sounds incredibly beautiful, watching a documentary on the song on Beech's YouTube Channel Josh tells the story of how the song was written because of the London Riots. Which made me think how something so wrong and bad that happened in the country could make something that sounds so beautiful and perfect come about.

'London Riots' is a very reflective sort of song, it just makes you think about everything that's going off in the world. For me, it made me realise how insignificant my problems are compared to most of the troubles going off in the world and not many songs do that for me. There's sort of a positive vibe to the song with the music especially towards the bridge and final chorus as it builds to an almost unit which I feel that's what happened towards the London Riots, with people coming together to fix their towns people started connecting more.

Josh has a sort of Gavin DeGraw sounding voice to me, but with hints of John Mayer as he's slightly softer than Gavin's rougher/powerful tone. This is a song that I think everyone needs to listen to at least once. It's beautiful and it just makes you think about things.

Check out the music video for Beech's 'London Riots' below:

Any music recommendations leave in the comments.
To be kept up to date with my posts follow me on Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment