Sunday 22 June 2014

FASHION: OOTD River Island Blouse

Last Saturday I needed some serious retail therapy after being a bit down in the dumps before I went to work. When I finished my shift I phoned my mum to come and meet me in town. My town is only really small and we have one shopping center with about 15 shops in total this includes everything from HMV, Boots and Primark. Really there isn't that much in their so when shopping it can be a little hit and miss. However, I did find an absolutely gorgeous blouse in River Island.

(Sorry about the 'selfie' approach but this is the best that I can do at the moment)

The top is a really light weight cotton material which is perfect for the summer as it won't be too warm. The front top half of the blouse is lined as it is slightly see through but the rest isn't which again helps to keep you cool on warm days. You can also just about see that there are some little cut outs in the shirt. I thought that this was really cute. The print has flowers and birds within it and the print is bright pink and orange. I loved the colours as soon as I saw it but I struggle to wear bright pinks and orange as they tend to wash me out. With the shirt itself being white though this meant that I could wear this and it was bright without making me look incredibly pale.

The blouse was right at the front of the store and it sort of called out to me as I walked past. I simply had to try it on. The shirt has buttons down the back which I really like, I also find the high neck is quite flattering on my small figure. I did pick up a size 10 in this as the size 8 was just a little tight to get on and over my head (I'm too lazy to faf about with the buttons in the back). I thought that this blouse would be a staple for me this summer, as it'd be nice for BBQ's or going out for meals with jeans. I just thought that I would get a lot of wear out of this and I haven't got anything similar to it in my wardrobe all my tops are quite plain. The top was about £25 it's a nice quality and I can see me wearing it an awful lot, so I thought the price was reasonable.

I wore this to the pub with my work friends the following Monday with my Topshop Leigh Jeans in a light blue wash and my New Look Tan T-Bar Shoes. My friend Tracey and Sarah both said that I looked very summery which meant that I achieved my goal and I was super comfy. 

What are your summer staples? 
Like what you've seen? Follow me on Bloglovin' for all my updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment