Saturday 22 February 2014

BEAUTY: Perfume Collection & Storage

My perfume collection isn't exactly small, but it's not huge either, and as a disclaimer this isn't me showing off I just wanted to show you how I store my perfume and what is also in my collection.
So, this is how I store my perfume. I know most people keep them on their dressing table however because I've got a few now it took up too much room in my already small room, and I'd sooner have my makeup easier at hand than my perfume. Plus I keep this by my door so it's easy to just pick one up as I'm heading out the door. I saw this hanging wall unit when Becca Rose (one of my favourite YouTubers who deserves much more recognition) mentioned it in one of her birthday presents video. However, when I popped into my B&M they didn't have it in stock. I did find the same one on Ebay, however it was double the price unfortunately (so definitely check out your local B&M first as it's only £14.99 there). 
On the top row I keep my Valentino Valentina perfume and my newest edition to my collection the Adam Levine Women's perfume. I bought the Valentina perfume for a treat at Christmas for myself (yes, I am one of those people who buys themselves a present, don't judge me :P). I haven't worn this a lot because I know I'll be guttered when it's gone. I find it quite a grown up scent and so tend to wear it on occasions or if I just want to cheer myself up. It's a floral scent which isn't something that I usually go for, but I really enjoy using this. The Adam Levine perfume is my most embarrassing one, (I did cringe and say it was a gift when I bought it). I'm not going to lie Adam Levine is my celebrity crush, but he's beautiful. I was actually surprised by how much I like this perfume, it's an easy every day perfume and when you think it's worn away, I found that I'd get another whiff of it, which I love. It is described as being a floral woody scent, I'm terrible with scents but it is a mix of floral and fruity if that makes sense, that may  be because of its citrus notes. Plus I love the fact that the perfume looks like a microphone.
On the shelf below I keep my Vera Wang Be Jeweled and Marc Jacobs Honey. Both of these were bought for me at Christmas. My brother and his wife kindly bought me the Vera Wang Be Jeweled, this is a very girly scent and is very fruity with notes of pomegranate, red current and passion fruit. My family know my love for Vera Wang especially her perfumes, from being about 14 I fell in love with her Princess perfume but sadly my parents decided I was too young for such expensive perfume. For me, this will definitely be a spring and summer perfume as it's light and fresh. Next up, Marc Jacobs Honey which my parents bought me for Christmas which was a complete surprise. This is my first Marc Jacobs perfume and it's safe to say that I fell in love with it. I had read a lot of reviews about this perfume when it was released and had wanted to try it, mostly because I loved the packaging which is just incredibly cute. I wore this constantly the first few weeks that I received this. It's a very fruity scent with notes of pear and apricots, but with floral notes also. This is probably the most different fragrance in my collection which is probably why it's my most loved of the moment. 
On the bottom shelf is my all time favourite perfume, Vera Wang Lovestruck and it's nearly all gone (*cries a little inside*). Now my other brother (I have four it's hard to keep up) bought this for me for my 17th birthday I think and this is all I have left. I've worn it lots and I had been eager to try it ever since I saw the adds at the time, Leighton Meester looked gorgeous. It's quite a grown up perfume again, but a very romantic fragrance, its another floral perfume - I think I have a favourite scent. As well as being romantic, I find it quite a sexy fragrance also, maybe it's just me. My favourite thing about this perfume (as well as the packaging) is that it lasts all day. There's nothing worse than a perfume that vanishes almost immediately. This perfume will most likely stay in my collection.
(Oh, hello, Primark bedding) 
I work in a Department Store and I'm not a massive fan of Rihanna but when I tested the Rihanna Nude perfume at work I wanted it almost immediately, but waited until after my birthday to purchase it. It's not featured on my wall because it's too tall to fit in the holes. I've worn this so much  since I purchased it last summer, it's an everyday perfume and a floral/fruity scent.I'm trying to use this up so I can pick up a smaller size so that it fits on my shelf. It's one of my favourites for everyday and I would seriously recommend this. I'm yet to test any of her other fragrances yet.
Finally, I have two body mists from The Body Shop. I have the Cranberry Joy and Pink Grapefruit. I love the smell of Cranberries and it's one of my favourite scents, unfortunately as you can probably tell from the packaging this is only available at Christmas. What I like about these body mists is that they're perfect to just throw on in the morning if you want a little something on but don't want to use one of your more expensive perfumes. I love wearing these in my hair (strange, I know) but they tend to last longer throughout the day and you keep getting whiffs of them throughout then. When I wear them on my skin they tend to wear off pretty quickly. I wear the Cranberry throughout the winter and the Pink Grapefruit is perfect for the summer as it's quite citrus-y. 

So there you have it, my very long post on my perfume collection. Have you tried any of these fragrances? What's your favourite perfume? 
Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment