Sunday 23 February 2014

MUSIC: Artist Vs. Poet - Love Back

What's that I hear? Artist Vs. Poet is releasing a new album? (*Runs around screaming for half an hour before getting told to shut up*).
I have listened to this band since about 2009 when I first started listening to music that wasn't in the charts. My brother introduced them to me after he saw me liking bands like All Time Low, Forever the Sickest Kids and Mayday Parade. But unlike these three bands (in particular the first) I have never grew out of their music. Who doesn't like a music that's going to cheer you up? Joe Kirkland (the singer of the band) appeared on The Voice US (Season 3), which as a long term fan, made me very proud to see one of my favourite singers get through and getting support from the coaches. Their band deserves a lot more attention, in my opinion.

Today (Sunday), the guys previewed 'Love Back' from their upcoming album 'Sake Of Love' on YouTube, and I for one absolutely love it! The lyrics are quite sad and about wanting to win a girl back that the protagonist of the song has lost (hence the title). But what I love the most about the band is their optimistic approach to their music. 'Love Back' is incredibly catchy, not only the lyrics but the melody and beat of the song. Its more than likely that I will be caught humming the song at work. 

However, they have released much slower songs for example 'Where I'm Gonna Be' (check out the music video below) and 'Hang Around' which is one of my all time favourites of theirs. The meaning of the song is more evident and sounds sincere, which I love, especially if I'm upset. 

I, for one, cannot wait until their album to be released (March 4th).Their sound has changed a little, going from a punk/pop sound to more pop but it's Joe Kirkland's voice that captured my attention. Going by what I've already heard of the album, I can see me absolutely loving it. Check out their latest release below and their last music video.



What do you think? Have you listened to these guys before? 
Follow me on Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment