Thursday 20 February 2014

MUSIC: Cassadee Pope - I Wish I Could Break Your Heart

Its fair to say that I've been a HUGE fan of Cassadee Pope for forever now. I even based my Year 10/11 ICT coursework on her band Hey Monday which was four years ago now (wow time goes so fast).
When I found out that Cassadee was going to appear on The Voice US (Season 3) I'm not going to lie she was the main reason I started watching, her and Joe Kirkland (Artist Vs. Poet) but that's another story, I was really excited. I loved Hey Monday and I wanted to hear more of her and thought the show would do exactly that. 

She went on to win the entire competition which growing up listening to her music, made me very proud of her. She was incredible and sounded completely different to what I was used to. A year later she released her album 'Frame by Frame', and along with 'This Car', 'I Wish I Could Break Your Heart' was one of  my favourites, but I did pretty much love the entire album. The fact that she has now released this has her latest single makes me very happy. 

Her sound has completely changed from when my brother told me to check her band out, and although I do love her old stuff, her new material is amazing. Coming from Pop/Rock she's switched to Country, but her actual songwriting doesn't seem to have changed that much, she's still a wonderful story teller. I absolutely love the song for 'I Wish I Could Break Your Heart', telling a story how he can always manage to hurt her because she cares so much about him, however she can't have the same affect on him, because he doesn't love her the same.

The music video (premiered on Vevo yesterday) reflects the message of the song, showing Cassadee stood inside a giant heart, therefore implying that if she was in his heart that she could break it. I like the music video, but I was expecting something more. I wanted more of a story to be told with the music video and felt that it was a little too pretty and more beauty shots, but maybe that's just me. Check out the music video below.


What do you think of the song and video? Have you listened to Cassadee Pope before and what's your favourite song?
Follow me on Bloglovin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment