Thursday 27 February 2014

BEAUTY: Boots Haul #1

My intention of going into Boots were completely innocent today, I simply wanted a Meal Deal. However, I was weak when I saw that they had their 3for2 offer on. Some damage was made. Here's what I bought.


So, it wasn't that a big of a splurge, but I was on my dinner hour. I've needed a new powder brush for a while now, so decided on The Real Techniques Powder Brush. I've heard a lot about the brand from reading other beauty blogs, and I've also got some of the other brushes which I love and use daily, so I thought I'd give this one a go. I've yet to try it out, but as you can see I did take it out of the packaging immediately and, oh my god, it is so soft. 
(Swatches: Maybeline Colour Tattoo - On-and-On Bronze, Revlon Color Burst Matte Stain - Sultry, Seventeen Miracle Matte Concealer Stick - Extra Fair) 

Next up, was a repurchase of the Seventeen Miracle Matte Concealer Stick it does say new, but I think its simply been reformulated. I bought this is extra fair, because I'm incredibly pale and have been using this concealer for years. I basically use it as a base for my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I first started using this (or one very similar) when I was about 14 to cover the dark circles under my eyes and any spots. However, as I've gotten older the dark circles have gotten worse but my skin has cleared up a little. This concealer will stay in my collection for as long as they don't discontinue it, I went a while without using it but I love it too much to not keep repurchasing it. I like to use it as a corrector as it's a pinky/salmony colored concealer and finds it cancels out the dark circles under my eyes very well. I tend to use the Collection Concealer over the top if I need extra coverage. 

I was walking past the Revlon stand and saw that they had the new Color Burst Matte Stain lip crayons in. Revlon is one of my favourite brands when it comes to their lip products, I loved the lip butters and have previously used their lip crayons (both being products that I used daily). I went for the colour Sultry because it was one of the colours that I haven't owned before, it's a sort of burgundy/red colour (it looks more brown online), something that I usually stay away from. But the fact that it's matte appealed to me, as when at work I like something that I don't have to keep topping up all day. I did put this straight on after I bought it and really like the colour but obviously, I can't give a proper review on it so far. 

Finally, for the make up (I know I said it was 3for2 but that didn't stop me), I bought the Maybelline EyeStudio Colour Tatoo in On-and-on Bronze. This was actually bought for my mum, she had seen me wearing it and had  kept commenting on how much she liked it on me and kept asking what it was so I thought I'd treat her to it. I basically wear this eyeshadow everyday. Mostly, because I get up late or I spend too much time on Instagram whilst eating my breakfast and then have about 10 minutes left to get ready. It's cream shadow, which I personally like, it means that it lasts all day without needing any touch ups. It also takes about 2 seconds to put on, it blends well and easily but once it dries there's no budging it until you come to remove the makeup. I did purchase this after hearing EssieButton keep mentioning it on her blog and YouTube Channel

Lastly, on my shopping trip I got a small bottle of Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Concentrated Hand Cream to put in my bag. My hand's had been dry all day and were annoying me so this was a necessity and I think it was on offer. I tried it at work and found it very moisturising and looks like a gel

I obviously also picked up my Meal Deal and a lip balm which I left at work so couldn't photograph. Have you tried any of the products? What did you think? 
Follow me on Bloglovin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment