Tuesday 8 April 2014

MUSIC: OneRepublic Love Runs Out Preview

I've been obsessed with OneRepublic for years now, and I would just like to say that I called 'Counting Stars' as a massive hit before they even announced it as a single (*flips hair*). Anyway, today, the guys have released a snippet of their new single Love Runs Out, which will be available on the 14th of April (I don't know if this is just an American release date though *cries*).
Either way, you can still listen to the preview of the song. It's different to what we've heard from OneRepublic before, but I think it's a good progression from what you hear on the clip. It sounds like a good movement from their 'Native' album, which experimented more with their overall sound and made it a little more electronic and dance than anything they've done before with the likes of singles 'If I Lose Myself' and 'Feel Again'.

Anyway the song, to me sounds like a hunt or almost like a fight. Which makes sense about fighting until the love runs out. Is it just me who thinks that Ryan Tedder has a sexier tone in his voice in this song, too? (Just  me? Okay, I'll sit in the corner and pretend I don't find him incredibly attractive). There's a heavier beat and bass sound to the song, which doesn't too overpowering or like it's been created on a computer to me (it may have done, I'm not a music expert) but when it sounds completely computer generated that really annoys me. Overall, I like the sound of this song. I think it's a good move and I like how the band aren't waiting months without releasing any new material, as I feel like that has been their downfall previously. Check out the song below:


What do you think of the song? Leave a comment below.
Follow me on Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment