Tuesday 22 April 2014

MUSIC: A Great Big World - Already Home

A Great Big World have been one of my favourite discoveries this year. 'Say Something' will always hold a very special place in my heart for personal reasons. But yesterday, the guys released a music for 'Already Home'.
First off, if you're fans of Glee or Gossip Girl or both, you have to put that to one side as the music video features Darren Criss (Blaine from Glee) and Jessica Szhor (Vanessa from Gossip Girl). Once I put that to one side I actually really liked the music video. It's a very literal interpretation of the song for the music video, but I always love that. For me, too many music videos are so art-y and out there, brilliant don't get me wrong, but I don't always understand what it has to do with the song at hand. But this music video makes complete sense to me, depicting a long distance relationship between the two characters. I love the use of a split screen, showing the two characters executing the same daily tasks but in their own cities. It's a completely adorable music video, in my view, which makes me love it. 

The song is also absolutely fantastic, like I said, these are one of my favourite bands so far from this year. They may not have the strongest voices in the world but they are unique and it's their unique sound that make them stand out and capture your attention. It's their honest lyrics that makes you fall completely in love with them. 

Check out the music video for 'Already Home' below. 
Do you love the music video as much as me? What's your favourite A Great Big World song? 
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to receive all my posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment