Tuesday 14 October 2014

MUSIC: Taylor Swift - Out of the Woods

So, basically the world freaks out at the fact that Taylor Swift has released a new track from her upcoming album '1989'. I am just one of those people who freaked out. As soon as I got up this morning I downloaded 'Out of the Woods'.

On first impression I was like 'eh, it's okay', but it was only when I was at work later and me and Jo were singing along to the song when we were doing the delivery that I realised how amazing this song is. I think that there is a lot of hype about the song at the moment as everyone is speculating that it's about her relationship with Harry Styles, and do you know what I say? Who cares! I really don't care if this song is about their relationship I simply think it's really unique to what music is available at the moment. Taylor seems to have this ability to see a gap in the market and completely own it. She opened a lot of people's eyes (at least where I am from) to country music and now she is using this 80's inspired sound and making it cool.

Go into this song with an open mind, that is my only suggestion. If you're looking for acoustic/folk type music then you will be disappointed. It is very pop with an upbeat 80's style to it. It's also incredibly catchy I dare you not to start singing 'are we out of the woods yet, are we out of the woods yet, are we out of the woods?' because it's impossible. Though this clearly tells a story about a relationship that had some issues, I still can't help but feel like it's optimistic and feel good sound to it. It's a song that I feel like everyone will love, whether your out with your girls, or chilling out with your mum, this is an amazing song and demonstrates how talented Taylor is at playing with different sounds.

I have no doubt that I will be singing along and dancing around my house and properly work to this song for awhile. It's just too good, and fun and really exciting.

Check out the video below of Taylor Swift talking about 'Out of the Woods':
Have you had chance to listen to the song yet? If so, what did you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment