Monday 6 October 2014

MUSIC: Artist Vs Poet New Releases

I've mentioned Artist Vs Poet on here before, but a little while ago now they released two new songs: 'Sincerely Me' and 'Kids Again'. So I thought I'd share what I thought of them.
First off 'Sincerely Me' demonstrates a continuation from their 'Sake Of Love' EP. They play with catchy a hook and melody, it's fun and very pop sounding. I also love the whistling within a break in the song, it makes it that much quirkier and I really like when pop songs are a little quirkier. 'Sincerely Me' is incredibly sweet and is like a love letter. Joe Kirkland's voice is so smooth too and sounds like a young boy in love. I bet you'll you be singing 'I'm yours, sincerely me' for the rest of the day once you've listened to the song.

I like how Artist Vs. Poet have seemed to find themselves as a band and what they want to aim for in this past couple of years. They seem to have found their direction. They also aren't like other Rock Bands or Boy Bands, they fit in the middle and make a perfect band, in my opinion.

Second up is 'Kids Again' feat. Amy Allen, is my favourite of the two. It's a little slower and a little darker. I like the duet, I tend to find that most duets are really powerful ballads, but this is really understated and quiet compared to those. Joe and Amy work really well together and it sounds completely unique. The song sounds like the two of them picking faults with each other but still loving them regardless, it's like a couple bickering which I've never heard in a song before. I listen to this song all the time. The melody has a very optimistic sound to it which puts me in a good mood. I think this song could be interpreted in different ways, such as a couple bickering or friends that have grown up together and teasing each other.

I'm hoping for big things for Artist Vs. Poet because, in my opinion, they really do deserve it. They write and create such amazing pop songs and stay true to who they are.

Check out 'Sincerely Me' and 'Kids Again' below:


Are you a fan of Artist Vs. Poet?



No comments:

Post a Comment