Tuesday 28 October 2014

MUSIC: Stay With Me Covers

Like a lot of people I love Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me'. It's an absolutely gorgeous song and he's probably one of the few people who could write a song about a one night stand and make it sound romantic. You may have seen my previous post of A Great Big World which featured my favourite covers from the internet of their 'Say Something'. Recently, I've been seeing a lot of covers of 'Stay With Me' so decided to share my favourites.

Lauren Aquilina - Live at St. Pancras 
This is by far my favourite cover that I have seen on the internet of this song. Lauren Aquilina is one of my favourite artists as it is but being put in a busy place like St. Pancras and playing took some serious guts and she absolutely nailed it. It's almost as if she's oblivious to the people around her.

This is the one that inspired this post. I saw this video a couple of days after Lauren's and I knew I wanted to talk about them. This takes a slightly more put together sound with a fuller band than Lauren's with a lot more drum and bass. I've also never seen this song as a duet and thought these two nailed it perfectly. 

Ed Sheeran in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge 
Who doesn't love Ed? To be honest there is literally nothing that Ed Sheeran could sing and I wouldn't find it beautiful. 

Okay so I realise I have cheated. I was searching for another cover to put in to this post, trying to find the best on YouTube when I stumbled across Sam Smith and Mary J. Blige. I simply couldn't leave it out. I mean its Mary J. Blige people. Plus it's gorgeous and quite possibly my new favourite thing in the world (not even kidding guys). 

So, what's your favourite? Or have you spotted someone else's cover which is amazing? 






No comments:

Post a Comment