Monday 29 June 2015

MUSIC: Melanie Martinez - Pity Party

If there is one artist that I always get excited about releasing new material it's Melanie Martinez and her latest release of 'Pity Party' is no exception. With a quirky personality that stood out for me when I first heard her music and a unique voice to follow Melanie Martinez has captured my attention.

Hitting the perfect balance of pop, alternative and punk there's no doubt that she is likely to have a successful career. 'Pity Party' describes the story of being let down and so you try and cheer yourself up by having a pity party. We are all guilty of throwing ourselves a pity party every now and again. I love how Melanie Martinez's songs are always full of character and personality unlike a lot of songs that are in the charts. I think it's a very unique feature that she works really well. When it comes to her music video, these characters simply jump out at you and it all makes perfect sense.

I love how Melanie Martinez has this vintage tone to her voice but she still sounds young also, there is also a lot of strength in her voice too. Everything about her music kind of contradicts each other and it shouldn't work but it does. From her pop meets punk, and her vintage voice and sound and current. It's hard to place Melanie Martinez in a certain category, for me at least. She simply stands out from everything else we hear in the current music industry. Her songs are catchy and tell incredibly vivid stories. I'm always blown away by her releases and cannot wait for her album.

Check out Melanie Martinez's music video for 'Pity Party' below:
Are you a fan of Melanie Martinez? What's your favourite single of hers so far? 




No comments:

Post a Comment