Monday 8 June 2015

BOOKS: Carrie Hope Fletcher - All I Know Now

It seems like every YouTuber out there is releasing a book at the moment and to be honest why shouldn't they? If that's been a long time dream of their's, if they put the time and effort into the book making it everything that they hoped it would be. I'm not going to lie I have purchased a lot of the books that YouTubers have released recently, but when Carrie Hope Fletcher released hers, it was the book that I got the most excited about. Carrie is one of my favourite YouTubers anyway and I always like the advice that she gives on her channel, whether it's something that I relate to or not, I feel like she puts her opinions across well.
'All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections of Growing Up Gracefully' was everything that I wanted it to be. Whilst I may be slightly out of the age range as I am now 20, I couldn't help but love everything about it. On my twitter I said that it is 'the perfect book to read before you're 20 to reflect on your teenage years'. I stand by that. I feel like I got a different perspective from it as I could relate to some situations that Carrie wrote about and whilst we may have handled them differently, it just made me reflect about what I did whilst I was at school and made me smile. It was also nice to realise that I wasn't alone in some of the things I did as a younger teenager and the reassurance that you may not always handle things well.

This book is definitely something that I wish I could've read when I was still at school. I feel like it will help a lot of people to just be themselves when they're a teenager, because for me, that was one of the hardest things to do, I found. Carrie's advice isn't like a nagging and she doesn't talk down to you or lecture you. Instead her words are reassuring, helpful and even encouraging. There were topics in her book that I'm going through now and I was thinking 'yeah that's actually some good advice there that I should take'. It's incredibly relatable and down to earth.

I also liked the cartoons in the book, I wasn't expecting it but I thought it was a nice touch. It reminded me of Miranda Hart's 'Is It Just Me?' in some ways, which I absolutely adored. I would recommend Carrie's 'All I Know Now' to anyone. It was such a pleasure to read and I literally took it everywhere with me, be that work, or popping to my boyfriends.

Have you read Carrie Hope Fletcher's - 'All I Know Now' yet? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment