Wednesday 17 June 2015

MUSIC: Mi'das - Too Little Too Late

A little while ago I wrote about Mi'das and his 'Stronger' EP. To day he released the music video for his second single off of the EP, 'Too Little Too Late' which is released June 22nd. I'm so happy that he is releasing this song as his second single as it was, personally, one of my favourites on the EP and really stood out for me.
Mi'das himself describes the songs story as 'being afraid of getting old and having regrets about how you lived your life about making too many compromises and not following your dreams. It's one of my favourite songs because it mixes my soul and gospel influences wit my love of songwriters and results in the song having a timeless feeling'. 'Too Little Too Late' is exactly that. It has a really cool melody to it and makes you think about your life and where you really want to go. It's easy to sit and live the 'easy' life or the life that you're 'expected' to live rather than the life you want to live. This song, for me, is encouraging for you to go and live that life that you want. Despite it's message it still has a very optimistic approach. I like the use of a gospel choir and which reinforces the idea that living for the moment and following your dreams is something everyone struggles with. The song has that classic sound which Mi'das makes it seem completely effortless. It's a really beautiful song with a lot of soul behind it.

Check out Mi'das music video for 'Too Little Too Late' below:
Have you listened to Mi'das before? Let me know what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment