Thursday 27 November 2014

BOOKS: Jane Costello - Girl on the Run

I fall in love with books very easily, but it's very rarely a book sticks with me and I want to read that book over and over again. However, Jane Costello's 'Girl on the Run' is one of the few that I have this relationship with. I first read this book a few years ago and I just loved it. The characters are incredibly believable along with their relationships with each other. Okay, so parts may be slightly over dramatised but then it's a book, they're supposed to be otherwise they'd be boring.
Abby Rogers is my hero. She works hard but exercise isn't really her thing until hunky Oli suddenly makes a running club appealing. She's funny and has plenty of awkward moments that make me love the character as she isn't all sophisticated. Not only is it the characters that stick with me, but the reason to the novel. There are some heavier topics within the book and I think Jane Costello explores the topics really well and it's this story that has stayed with me. She also knows how to make small moments stay with you too.

If you're looking for something to get you back into reading then this is definitely one of those books. It's easy and quick to read and I was addicted to this when I was reading it again. It's the perfect 'chick lit' book but with more (does that even make sense?) You will love Abby and Mau along with all the other wonderful characters that Jane Costello created. It's definitely worth the read and won't disappoint.

Have you read 'Girl on the Run' or another of Jane Costello's novel's? What did you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment