Thursday 20 November 2014

MUSIC: Lilygreen and Maguire - Hologram

Lilygreen and Maguire hinted last night that they had a big announcement today at 5pm, and to say I was excited is an understatement. They are possibly my favourite band/duo/artists. They have this tendency to write songs that are so relatable and beautiful that I can't help but get excited about their new projects. Plus, they are incredibly lovely guys that are passionate about their music.

Their announcement was of their new EP 'Hologram' being available on iTunes now. As soon as I realised this I loaded up iTunes and instantly downloaded it. I'm never disappointed by these guys releases, because I know that they will always be amazing. I honestly don't think they've released a song that I haven't absolutely loved yet. 
'Hologram' includes three tracks, the title track, 'Little Hearts' and 'Counting Cars'. 'Hologram' has that country, folk sound to it once again, and sounds a like the perfect song to sing around a camp fire. The lyrics are beautiful, about a lost love but they have this upbeat sound to it which gives the song an uplifting and positive sound to it. On the first time I played this I couldn't stop smiling knowing that these  guys are doing exactly what they do best. Their songs are incredibly catchy too, and they hold that authentic acoustic sound that they absolutely own every time. I like all the hand claps too. 

'Little Hearts' depicts the story of someone having to chose what they want and your normal relationship troubles. In my opinion the song is too short, I'd love to hear more but that's probably because I'm greedy and can't get enough of their sound. It has that same folky sound to it, their voices seem to have matured a lot since their previous releases and you can definitely hear their growth in the lyrical content. I like all the little 'la, la, la' parts, it makes it sound more authentic and personal, rather than just having music filling the gaps. 

'Counting Cars' the guys placed this song on their YouTube channel a while back now and I've been obsessed with it since I first heard it, so to be able to own it now, makes me very happy. It is such a beautiful song. I get shivers listening to this song, and its one of those songs that you sit and really listen to the story being told, which is one of my favourite things about it.This is probably one of my favourite songs I've heard this year. 

I'm so happy that they are back and with new music. One thing guaranteed with Lilygreen and Maguire is that what ever it is you hear on their studio releases, going to see them live in concert, they will sound exactly the same. They don't use any gimmicks, or hide behind anything. If you like that acoustic, folk approach to music then I would definitely check these guys out. I can't wait to see what Lilygreen and Maguire have in store for the future but if these new songs are anything to go by, I know that it will be amazing. 

Check out Lilygreen and Maguire's 'Counting Cars' below: 

What's your favourite track off the new EP?


No comments:

Post a Comment