Thursday 4 December 2014

LIFE: It's Okay to be Single

I've been doing a lot of music posts recently, and today I just wanted to be 'real' and talk about something that's been bothering for a while. I'm at a point in my life where being in a relationship would be really nice, to go on dates and cuddle up on the sofa watching movies that would be lovely. But I'm also the kind of person that likes to be in control of who's coming into my life and who I spend quality time with. I've had two friends trying to set me up recently and I love both of these people to pieces and I know that they're not trying to force me into the wrong relationship but it lead me to this post. IT'S OKAY TO BE SINGLE!!!
My friend told me the other night, 'I want to see you happier' when I asked him why he was trying to set me up with our mutual friends and I love him to pieces but being in a relationship shouldn't be forced. My other friend thought me and her friend would make a good pair and I just wasn't feeling it. I'm not picky when it comes to relationships, I'm not shallow and want a really hot guy or anything like that. But I know exactly how I want to be treated. I told my friend that 'I believe that things happen as they happen'. I honestly believe this when it comes to people. I've had people come into my life when I've needed them the most and whilst we might not talk any more or anything I'll be grateful for the time that we did share together.

Not only is it the fact that I didn't want to just be in a relationship with anyone. For me, the reasons that I'm single come down to having feelings for someone and not knowing what to do with them in the fear of losing a friendship. Also, I work all the time so fitting in time for someone else is really difficult. I'm also very happy being single. I'm surrounded by people who make me happy and who I can have a laugh with without having to worry about someone getting jealous. I also don't have to worry about jealousy over a boyfriend and his female friends. 

This post was just to remind anyone who feels like they need to be in a relationship to be happy that you don't. There are a million things out there that make me happy, for example: this blog, going to work and hanging out with some absolutely amazing people, hanging out with friends,even just chilling out in bed with Gavin DeGraw playing (yes that is what I'm doing right now). It's also okay to feel lonely sometimes. Yes, I would love to be able to go to see that movie but I can't because none of my friends want to see it and a boyfriend wouldn't have the choice, right? But overall I'm in a position where I'm so happy about the people I've got in my life right now and when the time comes someone special will come into my life or something will change and I'll end up falling in love with someone I never thought I would and it will be amazing. But being single doesn't have to feel like a failure. It's the time to find out what makes you really happy and time to focus on yourself.

Is anyone else going through a similar situation at the moment? Leave a comment below saying how you deal with people trying to set you up?




No comments:

Post a Comment