Monday 8 December 2014

Music: Olly Murs - Wrapped Up Feat. Travie McCoy

This week, I've been non-stop listening to Olly Murs feat. Travie McCoy 'Wrapped Up', even whilst I've been at work it's been playing. On my shift last Friday it was played five times, and I didn't complain once. In fact, I actually used it as a way of knowing how long I had left before I could go home (shh, don't tell my manager) and looked forward to it being played again.
I've not always been a huge Olly Murs fan, I've always thought his songs were okay but I've never felt the urge to go out and by his albums, however I have always loved his personality. It's only fairly recently that I've got into his music. What I do love about his songs is that his cheeky personality and character comes across in a lot of his songs, in particular with 'Wrapped Up'. It's one of those fun songs that you can't help but singing along to, even if  you are in the men's suits department and you're supposed to be serving customers (oops). I love songs that instantly make me happy, as you've probably noticed, and this does exactly that. 

Not only are the lyrics cheeky and fun but the melody and vibe of the song also has that feel. It has that natural and authentic sound to it of old school music with the use of trumpets. I'm really loving that old school vibe in music at the moment, its starting to become a little bit of a trend and I much prefer it to when 'dropping the beat' was popular. The addition of Travie McCoy to the track is perfect. I do enjoy Travie McCoy's work with Gym Class Heroes and so when I found out he was on the track I was very excited. It adds that cool edge to the song and I think the rap actually adds to the song. 'Wrapped Up' for me, reminds me a little of Maroon 5 'Hands All Over' and it's not the first time that Olly Murs has reminded me of them. I'm not moaning though because he does sound amazing. I feel like he's found a style that really suits him, by blending current pop sounds with that older sound creating something fun, unique and current. I'm definitely going to be buying his new album (Never Been Better) this week. 

Check out Olly Murs' music video for 'Wrapped Up' Feat. Travie McCoy below: 
Have you checked out Olly Murs' latest album yet? Let me know what you thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment