Saturday 20 December 2014

MUSIC: Gavin DeGraw - Need

This week has been absolutely mental for me. I've done over 50 hours at work, including early mornings and late nights and somehow managed to go to a party and see one of my friends. To say I'm shattered is an understatement. So whilst I wait for the Strictly Come Dancing results, I thought I would share an artist and a song that means a lot to me.
I've been obsessed with Gavin DeGraw for years now and I can't wait to go to one of his gigs one day, but he doesn't tour the UK enough (hint, hint). When he released 'Make a Move' I immediately fell in love with the track 'Need'. I liked the lyrics and the melody of the song and how he goes from a steady pace into this huge and powerful chorus. It's Gavin DeGraw doing pop that doesn't sound like everything in the charts which is why I loved it.

Over the year, I've kept coming back to 'Need' it's one of those songs that get's me thinking about life and relationships. Plus I relate to the lyric 'you've got these secrets you keep, like the looks that you steal from me'. We've all had friendships and relationships with people where there's been a flirtation when maybe there shouldn't be. This song means a lot to me and always reminds me of one person which is probably why I love it so much.

Check out the audio for Gavin DeGraw's 'Need' below:
What's your favourite Gavin DeGraw track?

No comments:

Post a Comment