Monday 22 December 2014

BOOKS: Jane Costello - My Single Friend

After re-reading Jane Costello's 'Girl on the Run' I went a bit Jane Costello mad and wanted to read more of her books. My sister-in-law's mum had recently given me 'My Single Friend' so I thought I'd give it a go, knowing that it'd be an easy read and would make me chuckle.
The story follows Lucy who embellishes her lifestyle when on dates, despite the fact that she's got a great job and is actually a very lovable character, obviously these embellishments backfire on her. Living with her geeky best friend, Henry, the two of them decide to give him a makeover including two best friends, Dominique and Erin. Whilst they embark on their mission which is 'Project Henry' to make him datable. Giving him a new hair cut, new clothes and new glasses and teaching him how to flirt. We see their friendship develop and unfold, whilst sometimes it's tested.

Henry is literally the best guy friend that we all want and I couldn't help but love him, whilst I wanted to slap him sometimes it was out of love. Lucy is another great character from Costello, she writes about these successful women too which is quite inspiring rather than the female protagonist always being written as a damsel in distress. If you're looking for an easy read with lots of laughs, then this is definitely for you. I read this book so quick as I never wanted to put it down.

If you have any book recommendations for me, leave them below.




No comments:

Post a Comment