Tuesday 7 April 2015

MUSIC: Jana Kramer - I Got the Boy

I've been meaning to write this post for a while now because I am obsessed with Jana Kramer's latest single 'I Got the Boy'. I've been a fan of Jana Kramer since I saw her on One Tree Hill and when she started releasing music I got really excited. I loved her first album and listened to it non stop but nothing, I feel, compares to this single.
'I Got the Boy' tells the story of a girl who fell in love with a boy and how he's now moved on to someone new. It's quite a sad song but it's something I think a lot of us think about when we see old friends/boyfriends/crushes finally growing up and getting married. Its a song for reminiscing which is what I love about country music, they tell stories so well. Jana Kramer has that really strong country sound to her voice which I really love, she sounds completely country music but her voice is incredibly powerful. I feel, that her voice also has the ability to really capture emotion, in particular on this track, at any moment I keep thinking she's going to break down in tears which may sound harsh but I like to hear raw emotion behind a song, I think it makes them stand out.  

I love the entire sound to the track, it's got ballad elements but with those clear country guitars which makes it a little less dramatic which I always prefer. It's an incredibly emotional song sung perfectly. Furthermore, its very relatable and it's a song that I can't stop listening to at the moment. Jana Kramer definitely doesn't get enough credit for her craft as this is truly, one of the most beautiful songs I've heard this year. I cannot wait to see what she has to release next. The single is out now and available on iTunes.  

Check out Jana Kramer's 'I Got the Boy' below: 
Have you listened to Jana Kramer before? If so, what's your favourite track? 




No comments:

Post a Comment