Wednesday 15 April 2015

MUSIC: Hilary Duff - Sparks

Last week Hilary Duff released the audio for new single 'Sparks' and we see the return to dance/pop music from her. Whilst her last two singles had more of an indie/folk vibe to them this is clearly something that you're more likely to hear in a club.

'Sparks' is incredibly catchy, I listened to the song and had the chorus in my head. It also has that ability to make you want to get up and dance along and have fun. For me, music has to make you feel something whether that's great emotions or simply makes you want to dance. 'Sparks' is exactly that for me, it's fun and flirty, a song perfect to singing along to when your getting ready for a night out with the girls. The song is more mature than Hilary Duff's previous releases, but what else would you expect as both herself and her audience have grown up now. I like the dance approach that she's took this single, it kind of reminds me of 'Dignity' but with more modern beats. I also really love the whistling in the song, it adds that fun and bouncy feel to the song.

Whilst I loved 'All About You' this feels like what I'm used to from Hilary Duff and I know a lot of fans are happy about this return. Either way, I'm looking forward to her album whether that be an indie/folk or dance album. Or the album could be an appreciation of all the types of music that Hilary Duff likes, it will be interesting to see what her approach will be on the album and this release has only made me more excited.

Listen to the audio for Hilary Duff's 'Sparks' below:

What do you think of Hilary Duff's latest release?



No comments:

Post a Comment