Thursday 30 January 2014

Beauty: B Naked Light Hydrating Foundation

Hi guys, 

I used to be the sort of person who didn't wear foundation at all. When I was in Year 10 I used to wear a mineral foundation which I loved from Collection (2000) but it was either discontinued or the formula changed which meant I didn't repurchase it. I then moved on to simply using a compressed powder by Rimmel as I've never needed much coverage (or wanted it, I'm scared of going orange). My fear of a liquid foundation (and foundation altogether) has dissolved since I found this beauty. 


This is the B. Naked Light Hydrating Foundation. After researching the brand a little, 'B' is exclusive to Superdrug, I think it's like Superdrug's version of No.7 for Boots (but don't quote me on it). I discovered this foundation a couple of months ago when I was browsing the makeup aisle on my lunch break from work and tested it on my wrist. I noticed immediately that it blended very well and you couldn't see much of a difference between my skin colour and the foundation. Usually, I find it quite difficult to match myself to a foundation, they are either too yellow or too orange, however, this one suited me perfectly. 

I picked up the lightest shade, Linen, and fell in love with it. The product is a light coverage, it's almost a tinted moisturiser but with a little more coverage which is perfect for me as I like to be still be able to see my skin. The foundation also claims to be buildable, which it is, but it still looks natural. Despite being light, the foundation still covers any imperfections or redness.  I've been using the foundation for about 3/4 months now everyday, more or less, applying it with either my fingers or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

I knew that this foundation was good (for me) because I actually repurchased and when it comes to foundations I never repurchase them. It's a great daily foundation, and I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I haven't had any extra breakouts since using the product. The foundation usually costs £8.99 but is currently on offer at £5.99 (bargain!).

For those of you who prefer a fuller coverage foundation, the brand does also offer this in the same colour ranges but in a fuller coverage foundation and I am curious to try it out for those days or evenings when I want extra coverage.

Have you tried anything from the B. collection?
You can follow me on Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment