Tuesday 4 March 2014

MUSIC: Artist Vs. Poet - Sake Of Love

Last week I declared my love for Artist Vs. Poet and it probably comes to know surprise that I was going to dedicate an entire blog about their new album 'Sake Of Love'. This album is the sort of album that you would expect me to listen to unlike my last post.
The first track is 'Close to You' this was released a couple of weeks before the album was released and at first I wasn't a huge fan of it, mostly because it seemed like a departure from what I was expecting from the band, but instead of moaning about it, the song quickly grew on me. It's a perfect a summer song, in my opinion, a song that I would be blasting out when driving around with friends (if only I knew how to drive). It's a great pop song, in my opinion, about declaring their love and how when everything goes wrong he wants to be with the one he loves (sweet, right?).

Next is 'Love Back' which I did a full review on (here). In short it's a good continuation, another good pop song, and the actual music is quite feel good, or at least that's how I feel. I've been singing this non-stop since hearing it. I just love it when Joe Kirkland says 'tell me now' in his manly voice, (I'm strange). You can definitely see how his vocals have improved over the last couple of years.

'Made for You' this song is about excepting that the person you're with may not be perfect for you, 'I was made for me and you were made for you'. It shows that when you truly get to know the person you're in a relationship and get tired of putting up with their problems. I really like this song, it was one of the first songs I heard from the album and loved it immediately. The album is very beat driven compared to some of their previous material, which I like.

'Sail Away' is my favourite track on the album, probably because I'm a sucker for a slow song. It starts with just Joe's vocals and an acoustic guitar. I just love the message of the song that when you're in love it just takes seeing that person to make things better. Again Joe's vocals are soothing within the track and are impressive. (I just want Joe to sing this song to me, but the fan girl I am, I would probably faint.)

Next is the title track 'Sake of Love' it's another feel good song, about falling in love and what you do for love. There's a strong beat which I really like and it fits the song really well. It sounds almost like an anthem in parts especially when it breaks down to just drums right at the end.

'You Better Run' its a really fun track about when you first meet someone and the chase. 'I was dressed as a gentleman with other plans', and 'you better run, 'cause I'm only gonna break your heart'. Its the song that reminds me of when you're friends with someone and they want more or simply when you're at a club and you meet someone. Either way, this is another favourite of mine, for the simple fact that it makes me smile and lifts my mood.

The final track on the album is 'React' it's probably the most powerful song. Another strong beat throughout which shows off Joe's vocal range. The song is the perfect song to end the album off.

I was really impressed by the album, it's very fun and uplifting. It's a departure from what I fell in love with from the band, but you can still tell that they are the same cheeky band who have simply grown up. With huge changes in the band it's no surprise that they're sound has changed a little. You can stream the full album here. 

Check out a preview of the album below.
What do you think? Have you heard of the guys before?
Follow me on Bloglovin',

No comments:

Post a Comment