Monday 10 March 2014

MUSIC: Traedonya - Another Lie

About a week ago an artist contacted me through Twitter about discovering my blog and wanted me to check out her music. This artist was Traedonya, however, I would like to emphasise that all opinions are expressed are completely honest and are my own.
I was sent Traedonya's 'Another Lie' to listen to and at first I was surprised about how different she sounds compared to most music at the moment. The charts are filled by catching tunes and beats, however, Another Lie is catchy but is so unique to anything else available at the moment. If there's one thing that I think that is missing in the music industry at the moment that's Motown and Jazz music, there's something about a big band performance that I love and Traedonya's style has this completely covered.

Her voice is incredible too and I was blown away by her vocals. She can easily compete with some of the biggest power house singers out there at the moment. It's her unique vocals and Jazz style that really captured my attention, and of course who doesn't love a sassy song, there is plenty of that within Another Lie.She kind of reminds me a bit of Paloma Faith meets Alicia Keyes. I'm looking forward to hearing more from Traedonya and think you'll be pleasantly surprised by her music.

Check out Another Lie from Traedonya's debut EP 'High Fructose Corn Syrup' available winter 2014.


What do you think? Be sure to follow her on Twitter. 
You can also follow me through Bloglovin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment