Tuesday 6 January 2015

MUSIC: Sofia Karlberg - Crazy In Love

I have literally been obsessed with Sofia Karlberg's version of 'Crazy In Love' since I heard it about a week ago. We all love the Beyonce song and if you say you don't well I refuse to believe you. However, when I heard this I got shivers.
It's being released as part of the 'Fifty Shades of Grey' soundtrack, which I'm really not that bothered about but I had to download this song. It's haunting and eerie and I love it. I've never heard a slow version of the song and I think it's that which has taken me by surprise. A song that we have no doubt all danced along to in a club or at a party believing we were Queen herself, has been transformed into this beautiful and ghostly version. I get shivers whenever I listen to it. The slower pace makes you truly listen to the lyrics and there's so much power not only in the music but within the emotion behind her voice.

I hadn't heard of Sofia Karlberg before but decided to check out some of her other songs, and discovered her YouTube channel. Her voice is absolutely gorgeous and unique. She's got a great voice for singing these ballad songs and I think she's definitely one to be looking out for in 2015.

Check out Sofia Karlberg's cover of 'Crazy In Love' below:
Are  you a fan of this new version of 'Crazy In Love'? Leave a comment below telling me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment