Friday 9 January 2015

FASHION: Patterned Leggings

I've never really been a fan of wearing leggings as trousers, and instead always opted for a short skirt over leggings or dresses when I have worn them. However, this year I've been really loving the patterned leggings/treggings that have been available on the high-street and have found that these have been my go to, when I'm not feeling a jeans day.

I was actually after a pair of nice trousers that I could wear to work when I came across patterned leggings. Trousers really do not suit me. They make my legs look really short and anybody who knows me always comment about how long my legs are. So, I was out shopping with my mum and brother one day when I came across a pair of white and black dogtooth leggings in Topshop and I immediately fell in love with them. However, I didn't pick them up on the day thinking that £25 was an awful lot of money to spend on leggings. It was only when I got home that I regretted not picking them. As they weren't in my local Topshop I ended up ordering them online.

I love how they could be styled up for work with an oversized black button down shirt and some black loafers, or with an oversized blazer and they looked really smart. But they could also be dressed down with a t-shirt, and a jacket with a pair of burgundy Chelsea boots and look really cool. It was only after I realised how comfortable they were that I decided I needed more patterned leggings in my life.

I looked on eBay and found a pair of Topshop green and black checked leggings on there. They are quite muted so the pattern isn't really bright and garish but they are incredibly comfortable. I've probably gotten the most wear out of these so far as they are that little bit darker. Both pair of leggings are very flattering and stay tight on your legs opposed to go baggy around the knees and bum.

Finally, I was hunting for a pair of nice black leggings and it was whilst I was at work in Dorothy Perkins that I came across the perfect pair of treggings, These are slightly different in that they are more like a trouser style with a button and zip but again they are like leggings in the body of them. With a white window pane check in them, I have been living in them since I got them.

What trend are you loving at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment