Thursday 15 January 2015

MUSIC: Tim Schou - Goodbye

On Monday, Tim Schou released his second single, 'Goodbye', and the music video to accompany it. Obviously, I downloaded this as soon as it was available.But that's not all that Tim Schou has done this week. On Wednesday evening he had his Showcase at The Garage in London. Though it killed me not to be there I did listen to the show via Stage It, thanks Christian for keeping us company all evening.
First off, the single. From the previews I knew that 'Goodbye' would have the ability to break my heart. It's one of those songs that really hits home and is incredibly relatable. A lot of atmosphere is created in the song with the music with an almost romanticised air to it which I really love. You also cannot deny the fact that Tim Schou can sing the crap out of the song. His voice seems to get stronger each time he releases something new, plus you can here the emotion behind his voice, particularly when he sings 'sad' you guys know the part. The use of a choir in the final choruses works really well also to create power in the song. I feel like this addition really helps to create the drama and atmosphere to the song.

Not only does the song sound amazing, the lyrics speak volumes too. Tim sings about a love where they 'lost the will to fight' and regretting breaking up with that person. Although the song is powerful that doesn't mean that you won't be singing it non-stop. I cannot get the chorus out of my head and I'm probably annoying everyone that has seen me this week by repeatedly singing it over, only because I can't sing even though I do pretend to be Beyonce too much.

Gutted that I was unable to see Tim Schou at any of the gigs that he was playing this week, I settled with the Stage It show where I could hear the set. Honestly, it sounded amazing which only made me more sad that I wasn't there. But I'm holding out that I'll go to a Tim Schou concert soon. His voice is so powerful and is one of my favourite voices I've heard for awhile. His songs are relatable and you can't help but fall in love with his music. I wish him all the best for the future and cannot wait for an album or more songs to be released because I loved each one that I heard from the gig.

Check out Tim Schou's music video for 'Goodbye' below:


Were you at the London showcase? Leave you comments below about the gig, I'm dying to hear more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment