Tuesday 17 February 2015

BOOKS: Lindsey Kelk - Jenny Lopez Series

I was never a fan of the idea of e-books, but it appears that more and more authors are releasing short stories that are only available via Kindle or other e-book sites. To me this was a little annoying but in the past couple of months I've really been enjoying reading these e-books. After downloading the Kindle app on to my phone, I find it so much easier to read books whilst I'm on my lunch breaks and this way I don't have to carry the book to work with me.

Anyway, I've recently read Lindsey Kelk's spin-off short stories of Jenny Lopez. This includes 'Jenny Lopez has a Bad Week' and 'Jenny Lopez Saves Christmas'. I'm a big fan of Lindsey Kelk already and I loved the 'I Heart' Series, which is where the character of Jenny Lopez has come from. She's one of those really fun loving characters that if you've read the 'I Heart' Series you no doubt loved her. So reading these short stories about the character herself was really fun. I only finished reading 'Jenny Lopez Saves Christmas' the other day but I loved every minute of it. From the old characters to the new ones they were all completely lovable. I can't help but wish that I could live Jenny Lopez's life for a single day because no doubt it will be eventful.

If you're looking for something to read on your lunch breaks or whilst travelling, I would seriously recommend the 'Jenny Lopez' series. They are so funny and they don't feel too short  or too long. They were just perfect and especially if you're having a rough day at work/school these will cheer you up no end. What I also really loved about 'Jenny Lopez Saves Christmas' is how Lindsey Kelk also tied in her second series of books of 'About A Girl' using the character of Bertie Bennett. I love books that tie together even if it's loosely.

What other e-books would you recommend because I am on the lookout now.


No comments:

Post a Comment