Friday 13 February 2015

BEAUTY: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Products

Last year it felt like you couldn't go on YouTube without someone mentioning Charlotte Tilbury products and I'm not going to lie it really made me want to try some of her products, especially her lip products. Her products have been getting amazing reviews which is not surprising as she is a makeup artist so surely she knows what we really need from out of our makeup?
After noticing that her products were a little discounted on the Selfridges website I decided to have a little snoop around after Christmas. What is it about discounts in January where we tell ourselves it's okay to spend more money than usual? I've been desperate to try out the Lip Cheat Re-shape & Re-size Lip Liner in 'Pink Venus' (not pictured) ever since I Covet Thee featured it on her blog, I loved that post. I already purchased the lip balm from that blog as soon as I saw it. I couldn't not pick this up. Sometimes I don't want to wear a bold or dark lip and just want a little bit of colour that I know will last all day. This does exactly that. It's a peachy-pink nude shade and looks absolutely gorgeous if you're doing a 'no-makeup makeup day' or if you've got a heavy eye makeup on and want a simple lip. The pigmentation is lovely in the lip liner and I've been wearing this an awful lot recently.
('Amazing Grace')
I also picked up two of her Matte Revolution Lipsticks (I am addicted to lip products). I wanted a slightly bolder but a natural coloured shade, not really a nude but something that was quite simple (does that even make sense?) I picked out the colour 'Amazing Grace' which is a gorgeous pink/red/peach colour. It's a lot brighter than the original pencil I bought but it doesn't look too bold compared to some lipsticks that I love to wear. When I haven't been wearing the lip liner this is what I've been using. It's just really simple and easy to wear and also makes your entire makeup look a lot brighter and healthier. I feel like this would look lovely throughout the entire  year too, whereas some colours you can only wear in the winter and others are summer shades, this is just very neutral without being a true nude tone. I like how moisturising it feels on the lips too. Again, the pigmentation is amazing but I wouldn't expect anything else. Finally, I love the smell of this lipstick, is that weird? I say it about my Soap & Glory Lipsticks too but they just smell gorgeous.
('Glastonberry')
Finally, I also decided to buy 'Glastonberry' because who doesn't love a berry lip in the winter? I also really loved Zoe's Makeup Tutorial on her channel when she used this and had been dying to try it. Again it's really moisturising on the lips and very pigmented. It's not one that I'm wearing everyday just because I've been wearing a more simple, natural looking makeup at the moment, but I absolutely love the colour. I have a lot of plums and berry colours in my collection but this is quite unique.

I've been really surprised how much I've been loving these lip products. Also, the packaging is gorgeous. They're quite heavy so feel luxurious and are in rose gold casing - who doesn't love a bit of rose gold? I'm definitely looking into purchasing some more products at payday that's for sure. I've never really bought into expensive/luxury makeup before other than the Urban Decay Naked Palette's but I am blown away by how much I love the Charlotte Tilbury products. I know my bank account will hate me in a couple of hours time when I get paid again.

Have you tried any Charlotte Tilbury products? What do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment