Tuesday 10 March 2015

MUSIC: Mumford & Sons - Believe

Mumford & Sons are back and I cannot tell you how happy I am about this. I've seen a lot of comments about people missing the banjos and the more folk vibe that they've always had to their music prior to 'Believe' and as much as I loved their old sound. I am also really liking this new vision that they've created. Finding out they had released the audio for their new song yesterday, it's fair to say that I was straight on my laptop to listen to the song and I'm already obsessed with it.
'Believe' has a different approach to music than what we are used to from the band, leaving their banjos to one side they've picked up their electric guitars instead, but they are undoubtedly the same band as before, creating a unique sound with meaningful and honest lyrics. I like the soft approach at the beginning of the song that sounds almost magical and Marcus Mumford's voice is gorgeous in this softer tone. 

The song then builds with a solo that is very reminiscent of prior Mumford & Sons just with a heavier and fuller sound. It works well with the softer side that we heard at the beginning as it creates more atmosphere and sounds more like a fight for what they want. It takes a quiet song into something incredibly powerful but equally as beautiful as before. 

I was blown away with this new release from Mumford & Sons and cannot wait to see what they are going to release in the future with 'Wilder Mind' being released on May 4th. I have no doubt how amazing it will sound. 

Check out the audio for Mumford & Sons 'Believe' below: 

What do you make of the new Mumford & Sons sound?


No comments:

Post a Comment