Monday 16 March 2015

MUSIC: Kristyna Myles - Paint a Brighter Day

I'm always on the lookout for new music - as you are probably aware of if you read a lot of my posts - and the other day I was contacted about Kristyna Myles and her new music video 'I'm Getting Rid of This' after hearing how quirky and catchy it was, I jumped at the chance to listen to her album 'Paint a Brighter Day' ahead of its release which is set for March 23rd.

Kristyna Myles starts her album off with 'New Page' (Interlude) which sets you up for the album. With it only being half a track it quickly shows you what you can expect from the entire album with her strong vocals and a pop and jazz approach to music. Her single 'I'm Getting Rid of This' is my favourite on 'Paint a Brighter Day'. Its incredibly catchy and has a fun approach to it, telling the story of getting rid of the negative things in your life whether that be within your relationships or just in general. She has a very different and unique tone to her voice which I always love as it makes artists stand out and she sounds like nobody else.

Within her music there is also a lot of character such as 'Drop Me A Line''It's Not About You' and 'I'll Guess I'll Never Know'. Its quite a unique quality to music, whereas I'm used to hearing stories being told in music, it's rare that you can hear character which again makes her a very unique artist. 'It's Not About You' I can almost hear a little bit of the style that Lily Allen had in her '22' album which I loved but Kristyna Myles has a more powerful voice similar to that of Caro Emerald and Paloma Faith. This track is another favourite of mine, I love the beat of the track, it sounds a little quirkier to other music I listen and really stands out on the album, for me.

You cannot help but smile throughout the entire album. It has a very positive feel to it, and the album name, 'Paint a Brighter Day' is perfect for this album, as it does just pick you up. Particularly track 'Halfway' it has that optimistic feel good sound  to it that reminds me of summer. 'Heaven Knows' is another track similar to this, though they sounds very different. 'Heaven Knows' shows her gospel influences as the verses are very subtle and quiet before building into a fun choir in the chorus. I feel 'Heaven Knows' sounds very theatrical and a strong image is given which I love. You also get to see the softer tones of Kristyna's voice and her runs are silky smooth.

I was thoroughly impressed with Kristyna Myles' unique style and her voice is absolutely gorgeous and powerful. I love her unique tone and the qualities that she puts into her music, it makes her stand out from everyone else. If you're looking for something that's a little different to everything on the radio then I would definitely give Kristyna Myles a listen. She will certainly have you captivated.

Check out Kristyna Myles' music video for 'I'm Getting Rid of This' below:

Have you checked out Kristyna Myles yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment