Wednesday 25 March 2015

BEAUTY: FOTD - Fresh Faced

I tend to get into a rut when it comes to my makeup, for as long as I can remember my look has always consisted of mainly black eyeliner. When I was fourteen I used to wear heavy eyeliner (I was going through my 'emo' phase). Eyeliner on my waterline has always been the look that I consider 'me'. It's what I'm comfortable with - mostly because I can't do winged liner. Anyway, I've recently been trying to use new products and finally stopped wearing so much black khol liner on my waterline.
For my base I wore my Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (Classic Ivory), I find the coverage is perfect for me, it's quite light to medium coverage when built up and the colour matches well with my skin tone. I blend this in with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Next up, I used the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair) to get rid of any dark circles. I apply this in a triangle shape beneath the eye to brighten up the entire under eye area and just use my finger to blend this in. I apply a little bit of Rimmel Stay Matte (Translucent) powder just to set my base with the Real Techniques Powder Brush. I then brush through my eyebrows before using The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder and applying this in a 'three' shape from my temples, to the hollows of my cheeks and then my jawline, I use the Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush as it does apply really lightly and as I'm pale I don't want to add too much. Then I move on to blush and I've been using the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush (Lovely Pink). Finally I've just been using Maybelline The Colossal Mascara as I find it gives you really voluminousness looking eyelashes with just one coat and makes my eyes look really big. Finally I've been using Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick (Amazing Grace) on my lips. 

When I don't have much going on with my eyes, I like to have a bold lip and I find the Charlotte Tilbury lipstick gives me a bit more colour but still looks very natural too. This is the look that I've been loving wearing at the moment and I think it's a perfect look for spring. 

What are your favourite makeup items at the moment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment