Friday 16 October 2015

MUSIC: Mi'das - Feels Like Only Yesterday

Mi'das (Mike Davies) is back with his latest single 'Feels Like Only Yesterday' and I have to admit it's got a very cool and easy going vibe to it and I love it.
Sticking to his roots of soul meets pop with his soulful voice and guitar, Mi'das has created a song that sounds completely timeless. Influences from the 60s and 70s and mixing his influences of Stevie Wonder, it's no wonder that this song sounds like something from the past but something current too. The song has a classy feel to it, and makes you want to get up and dance a waltz (or is that just me). Plus, its a super catchy song, I was singing this after only listening to it a couple of times.

Showing that pop songs can have more meaning than just being a hit dance song with no real content, Mi'das creates a song full of meaning. 'Feels Like Only Yesterday' tells the story of worry free innocence of youth. Something that as you get older you look back upon a lot, I've noticed. This song easily appeals to everyone, in my opinion, it's got that old school vibe with a new pop sound also and the message is universal. Also Mi'das voice is gorgeous and smooth in it. Reminding me a little of Adam Levine's sound in Maroon 5's 'Songs about Jane' album.

If  you're looking for a new artist to listen to, check out Mi'das new song, with a new album set to be released in 2016, I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more from this artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment