Sunday 20 July 2014

MUSIC: Artist Focus - Lilygreen and Maguire

At the beginning of the year one of my favourite duos, Lilygreen and Maguire, announced that they were splitting up. I was upset but could see where they were coming from, if you're not with a major label it's difficult to get yourself out there and get a buzz going. However, earlier this week, the guys announced that they will be working together in writing and creating a new album. I am incredibly excited, so I thought I'd give them some appreciation and love on here for those of you who haven't checked out the Welsh duo.
I first discovered Jon Lilygreen when he performed on Eurovision and I liked his voice so decided to keep an eye out for future projects, which is when I came across Lilygreen and Maguire. They're an acoustic pop duo, which is my favourite. They released a couple of EP's before releasing their debut album 'Have a Good Time All the Time' at the end of 2013. There songs are fun and optimistic and sweet. They're relatable about falling in love, falling out of love and being in love with people who don't love you back. Their personalities shine through their music, in particular in 'For Real' which is more of a spoken song but I love it. I find the song quite funny and cheeky.

I saw the guys on my 18th Birthday, last year (one of the best nights ever). They were fun and have a lot of character, especially Lilygreen. I was lucky enough to meet Jon Maguire, however, and he just seemed like the nicest guy ever. If you're new to their music, I would definitely check out their singles 'Ain't Love Crazy', and 'Given Up, Giving Up'. Other favourites of mine are 'I Won't Let It Happen''She's So Hard to Please' and 'Got What It Takes to Love You'. But all of their songs are absolutely beautiful, I don't think there is a single one that I don't like (which is very unusual for me).

I'm really looking forward to seeing what's up next for the guys. They've been working on solo projects recently, but for them to be back together makes me (a huge fan) very happy. I definitely cannot wait for them to start touring again (just a hint) as they're one of my favourite gigs I've been to.

Check out Lilygreen and Maguire's music video for 'Given Up, Giving Up' below:
Are you a fan of Lilygreen and Maguire? Are you as excited as I am about their reunion?
Follow me on Bloglovin' for all my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment