Wednesday 30 July 2014

MUSIC: Hilary Duff - Chasing the Sun

When I was growing up, Lizzie McGuire was always on my TV so it's fair to say that I am a pretty big fan of Hilary Duff's. She's always made that sort of cute music that just made me happy (up until Dignity (2007) which was edgier and made me want to dance). On Tuesday, she released her music video for her comeback single 'Chasing The Sun'. I was looking around online before writing this to see what other people thought, and there seems to be mixed reviews.
The song was penned by Colbie Caillat, which is where the more folky sound comes from, I like that it's guitar driven, rather than dance and hip hop like a lot of chart music at the moment. If you're looking for a big powerful 'WOW' vocal, you're not going to find that here. However, that being said I like the song. It has a slightly different approach, we've always seen her doing pop-rock and dance whereas now we can see her going for a slightly more folk alternative pop sound and I think it's worked well in this song.

It's the sort of song that makes you smile and it's so catchy. I listened to this once and was singing it all day at work. It's definitely the sort of song that grows on you. I must admit that I probably wouldn't have picked it for a comeback single, however, I think it shows off her new more mature sound whilst keeping to her roots of Metamorphosis. I think the release of the song now is perfect though, it's definitely a summer song as the title would suggest. The music video is pretty cool too. I will admit I have laughed each time I've watched the (spoiler alert) scene of her going to play volley ball with her hamster - classic. Hilary also looks stunning in this video.

Check out Hilary Duff's new music video for 'Chasing the Sun' below:
Are you a fan of Hilary's? What did you make of her comeback single?
Follow me on Bloglovin' for all my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment