Thursday 4 September 2014

BOOKS: Lindsey Kelk - What A Girl Wants

So, as I'm writing this I have currently just finished reading Lindsey Kelk's - 'What A Girl Wants'. This is continues from 'About A Girl' so follows Tess Brookes in her messy life. I love Lindsey Kelk as an author as I find her characters a little far fetched but also believable. Plus, I always relate to the protagonist in some way. After I finished 'About A Girl' I was desperate for the second installment to be released and I actually picked this up from Tesco as I was walking home from a night out. 
I was not disappointed by this book. If you've read the first book (SPOILER ALERT) you'll know that Tess Brookes travels to Hawaii pretending to be her roommate Vanessa whilst also 'pretending' to be a photographer when she meets Nick Miller. The second addition follows Tess as she travels to Milan for a week to make a decision. Photographer or Advertising? Nick or Charlie? Milan or London? 

I love how Tess over thinks everything which is basically what I do. I love how she's incappable of not making things awkward or being so outrageous because that's what makes her loveable. This series will definitely keep you entertained. Does anybody else wish they had a friend like Kekipi, Amy and Al? I also cannot help but love Nick Miller despite what an arse he can be. I don't want to give anything away from this story but I read over half the book in one day laying in the sun on my garden pretending I was anywhere else. If you want to escape your normal life and live in someone else's shoes, then 'What A Girl Wants' is definitely the book you should be reading. It's a perfect summer read and a pick me up book. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that there will be a third part.

Have you read any of Lindsey Kelk's books before? Do you prefer the 'About A Girl' series or the 'I Heart' series? 


No comments:

Post a Comment