Wednesday 24 September 2014

MUSIC: Lilygreen and Maguire - Counting Cars

Lilygreen and Maguire  are one of my favourite duos. I spent my 18th birthday, last year, at their concert in Nottingham and met Jon Maguire, who was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Despite the fact that I was pretty shy and nervous (socially awkward, and fan girling slightly isn't a good combination, sorry). When they announced that they were working on separate projects at the beginning of the year I was completely gutted. Their music has the ability to completely move me, and their upbeat songs cheer me up like no other.
Their hiatus was short lived though, as the guys have announced that they are releasing a new album and last week they shared their new song 'Counting Cars'. As soon as I heard it I was so happy, because not only did it speak to me, but I couldn't believe how beautiful the song was. You can hear growth in not only their voices, but in the lyrics. It has a delicacy about it, and sounds incredibly authentic and natural, it kind of reminds me of being sat at a campfire. I think this is a song that will hit home to pretty much anyone. 'Counting Cars', for me at least, is a song for reminiscing on the good times and the people you've shared those times with. I have even gotten way to emotional listening to this song and had a few tears, it really hits me heard this song, and that's how I know how good a song is. If it touches you or moves you in some way then we're on to a winner.

Lilygreen's voice, in my opinion, has never sounded better. I like that he's showcasing his softer side and the song delving into a more folk inspired style. I like the soft grit that Lilygreen has in his voice. I like the more grown up and country/folk vibe it has and really hope that this is the start of something big for these guys because they really do deserve it.

Check out the audio for Lilygreen and Maguire's 'Counting Cars' below:

Have you listened to Lilygreen and Maguire before? Or have you got any recommendations as to what I should listen to? Leave them below.


No comments:

Post a Comment