Thursday 7 August 2014

BOOKS: Giovanna Fletcher - You're the One That I Want

Just a heads up be expecting a lot of book reviews over the next couple of week. I love books and particularly in the summer I read an awful lot. I unfortunately haven't been on holiday this year which is where I do most of my reading, laying on the beach but who knew the garden could be just as lovely (not quite the same, huh?) I read a lot of 'girly books' or easy to read books just because they make me smile. So the first on my list is Giovanna Fletcher's second novel You're The One That I Want. If you follow me on Instagram you will know that I read this a while back  now (I'm sorry it's a bit late, but better late than never, right?)
I picked this up when I went to Tesco one day and I'm going to say the dreaded words, I loved the front cover. I am guilty of judging books by their covers, I'm sorry. I am deeper when it comes to people honestly. Anyway, it was on an offer and my mum wanted a book too so I picked it up. I noticed that it was also written by Giovanna Fletcher and I had heard a lot about her books before. So here's what I thought.

You're The One That I Want follows three best friends through out their life (in simple terms). There's Maddy, Ben and Robert who have grown up with each other since they were little. It's a sweet and charming story about friendships and unrequited love. This book will have you staying up at night wanting to know what happens and nearly had me late for work several times (never mind, what's more important?). Don't be fooled by thinking it's another story with a love triangle because for me it was lot more. It's much more realistic than most of those stories (which I do love, don't get me wrong).

This is the first book I've read of Giovanna's and I was pleasantly surprised. I was hooked from the first chapter and fell in love with the characters immediately. The characters are incredibly realistic, you end up feeling sorry for them, getting frustrated with them and love them. What more could you honestly want? If there's something that Giovanna is brilliant at its writing real characters. That is why you will love this book.

Have you read You're The One That I Want? Or do you have any recommendations for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment