Wednesday 13 August 2014

MUSIC: Hilary Duff - All About You

Yesterday, Hilary Duff released the audio for new single 'All About You' and it's bloody amazing. I've been a huge Hilary Duff fans for as long as I can remember, now and so this comeback is making me incredibly excited. I liked 'Chasing the Sun' but it just didn't seem like the comeback debut I was hoping for but this is definitely it.
'All About You' is the perfect pop song. It's got the same sort of folk vibe that featured in 'Chasing the Sun' but it's a bit more edgier and rocky. There's a stronger beat that's slightly heavier which I really like and it sounds more like her 'Metamorphosis' and her self titled album, which were probably my favourites, but 'All About You' is more mature. Depicting the story of falling in love with someone and not wanting to hide it any longer.

It's incredibly catchy, I think it was only after a couple of listens that I knew pretty much all the words to this song. It takes me back to music that I really loved listening to growing up, but more mature. I like how it sounds more natural and acoustic compared to a lot of synthesised sounds that you hear now. I was reading some comments which said she sounded a little like Taylor Swift, I can see it a little, but she sounds a little more edgier, in my opinion. 'I really hope that this song takes Hilary Duff back into the charts because in my opinion its a perfect pop and summer anthem. I cannot wait until the album is released.

Watch Hilary Duff's music video for 'All About You' below:
What's your favourite new release of Hilary Duff's? 'Chasing the Sun' or 'All About You'?




No comments:

Post a Comment