Monday 18 August 2014

MUSIC: Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

I love Taylor Swift. There I said it. Her music manages to pick  me up when I'm down, break my heart and she never fails to release songs that we can all relate to. I think she is quite possibly the most awesome person out there, for the simple reason that she doesn't seem to care what people say about her. She's a great role model for kids these days and is always positive.
So tonight, I was one of the no doubt thousands of people who watched her Yahoo Live Stream where she announced a new single, a new album and a new music video. So the new song is called 'Shake It Off' it has a retro sound to it and is a little quirky for today's music, but it is freaking awesome. It quite simply just makes you want to jump out of your chair and dance, such a good pick me up song. Also, it's really catchy, what more do you want from a pop song? It's all about ignoring what the haters say and doing what you want to do. 

Next up she announced an album, '1989' - presale here - (the year she was born). So she has hinted the album may be a little 80's which I think would be quite cool. I've noticed a lot of artists are trying to bring back older style of music just recently and I don't blame them. For me, there's too much electronic and heavy bass music out at the moment, so I'm loving these more reminiscent sounds of past decades. '1989' will be released in October with a Deluxe edition - what else would we expect? Plus, the deluxe edition sounds really cool with having voice memos as the bonus tracks, I think this will be very interesting. 

Finally, the music video for 'Shake It Off'. I like music videos that tend to tell a story and so music videos which are shot in front of a green screen don't usually appeal to me. However, I like this music video. It represents all different genres of dance, showing what they do best and saying that it's cool to be like that. But it also shows Taylor Swift busting her quite frankly, awesome dance moves. I'm pretty sure us all 'non dancers' dance like Taylor Swift. It's funny and quirky and the fact that she had some fans involved in this music video also makes her more awesome than before. 

Check out Taylor Swift's music video for 'Shake It Off' below: 
Did you guys watch the Yahoo Live Stream? How excited are you to hear her new album?



No comments:

Post a Comment