Wednesday 20 August 2014

BOOKS: Giovanna Fletcher - Billy and Me

So the other day I brought to you my love for You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher. After, reading that I immediately went out and bought her debut release Billy and Me. I loved the first book so much that I couldn't wait to get into this book and hear another tale with the hope that it would be just as brilliant.
Billy and Me follows the story of Sophie Mae who has kept herself to herself living in a quaint village and is living with a secret, before she meets Billy, an actor with ambition. It shows Sophie coming out of her shell and breaking down the walls that she has always put up. Again, the characters are incredibly realistic and charming and it left me wishing I had a friend like Molly. I think we all need a Molly in our life, a wise owl and a great friend.

This book made me laugh, smile and it broke my heart a little bit too. It had been a while since I had cried at a book but this definitely did it for me. It's incredibly sweet. I also think it gives you a little bit of insight into the media world, I came away questioning a few things about what we see in gossip magazines that's for sure. Another book by Giovanna that I couldn't put down, I honestly cannot wait for her to release another book because I know I will fall in love with the characters again.

Are you a fan of Giovanna Fletcher's? If you have any book recommendations let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment